*Important information: The pool will be closed for refurbishment from July 5th 2018 until November 2018*
All you need to know – Hebden Green School
Hebden Green Community School, Winsford, Cheshire, CW7 4EJ
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Hebden Green Community School! In the meantime, below is some information that we hope you will find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Access is from the A54 (Oakmere Road) from either the Whitegate/Sandiway or Winsford Town Centre direction.
- Turn off Oakmere Road (A54) round about onto Woodford Lane West (this will be either straight on if travelling from Sandiway/Whitegate direction or 1st left exit if travelling from Winsford/Church Minshull direction)
- Follow signs for the Neuromuscular Centre
- At the end of the road, turn right and continue to follow Woodford Lane and signs for the Neuromuscular Centre
- Continue past the Neuromuscular Centre (on your left) and the Community School & Special Arts College
- Hebden Green Community School Pool will be on your left
Puddle Ducks customers are requested to arrive after 3.45 for a 4pm lesson. The car park/access will be busy with school children & vehicles leaving the premises if customers arrive too early (between 3.30 and 3.45). Parking is available immediately on the left hand side as you enter the drive or go straight across the mini round-about and the pool building and further car parking is available on the large car park, again on the left hand side.
- Push Chairs should not be taken into the pool building. Car seats can be used but please leave poolside (not in the changing room) due to space
- There are two changing rooms for male & female customers. Both changing rooms include a toilet and shower. The rooms also contain orthopaedic furniture – if used for changing a baby; parents do so at their own discretion
- The male changing room is immediately on the left hand side as you enter the pool
- The female changing room is at the far end of the pool room on the right hand side
IMPORTANT - Please look out for and read the Puddle Ducks signs and notices
- Please bring a baby changing mat if you need one
- No eating or smoking on the premises
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not yet fully potty/toilet trained.
- Why not buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson?
- You can find goggles and other Swim Accessories here
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page
- We request that all nappies are taken home with you
- Please shower before you enter the pool (either poolside or in the changing room) – this helps preserve the water quality for all users
Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during lessons.
Via the side door (not through the main school reception). Spectators may sit poolside.
- Pool temperature: 34°C - the pool is a hydrotherapy pool. Due to the temperature please bring fluid to hydrate parent & child post lesson.Customers are advised not to use the pool if they have the following contraindications (acute vomiting or diarrhoea/deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism/acute asthma/resting angina/shortness of breath at rest/uncontrolled cardiac failure/paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnoea/poorly controlled epilepsy/unstable diabetes/thyroid deficiency)
- Poolside assistant: No
- Depth: 1.0-1.4m
- Maximum class ratios:
- 9 children/adult pairs: 1 teacher
- 8 children: 2 teachers (swim academy for the over 4's)
Helping you to make your special time last even longer… that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
Humble Pie Coffee Shop in the town centre 10 – 12 Jubilee Way, Town Centre, Winsford, CW7 1BG
Closest soft play
Other local attractions