All you need to know – Maes Ebbw School
Maesglas Crescent, Newport, NP20 3DG
Parking: There is plenty of parking in the main car park, but please do not arrive before 3.35pm on weekdays as the school pupils need adequate time to leave the site.
- You need a key fob to access the building, which requires a refundable £5 deposit to be paid at your first lesson. You will keep this for as long as you have lessons at Maes Ebbw. Please speak to the office about this prior to your first lesson.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
- You can buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swimming lesson.
- Changing rooms: There are separate male and female changing areas. There are no lockers, so please avoid bringing valuables on site if possible.
- The pool have a strict Spectator Policy. Only one adult spectator per swimmer is permitted (no children). If you have children swimming in subsequent classes they will need to wait outside the pool hall (in the corridor) rather than watch their sibling's lesson.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have exclusive use at hire times.
- Pool temperature: 32-34°C
- Poolside assistant: There is a lifeguard but no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at this pool
- Depth: 0.9m graduating to 1.3m
- Maximum class ratios: 6 adult/child pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
There is a lovely café at Tredegar House.