All you need to know – St Michael’s School
Otford Court, Otford, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 5SA
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at St Michael’s School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: St Michael’s School
Parking: There is ample free parking in the main school car park. Puddle Ducks customers should park as close to the main school building as possible; there will be signs to direct you to the changing rooms and pool.
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- All swimmers (including babies) are required to wear a swim hat at this venue - we provide a disposable version for those adults who prefer not to buy a reusable swim hat and we have fabric swim hats for children that you can purchase from us at the pool.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
Changing rooms: There are separate changing rooms for women and men with warm, fresh water showers and benches for convenient baby changing. There is no lockable storage in the changing rooms so please do not bring valuables.
Spectators: We do not allow spectators poolside at this venue but there is a viewing area for spectators that runs the length of the pool. Please note we cannot allow photographs to be taken at this venue.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 29.5°C - 30°C. We recommend that children under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: 1 metre
- Maximum class ratios: 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine