All you need to know – Novotel Cardiff Pool
Schooner Way, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff CF10 4RT
Parking: Please take a ticket to enter the Hotel car park, then have this validated a Reception before you leave to ensure free parking. Please note free parking is for the duration of a swim (and a cup of coffee), not an all day shopping trip in the city centre!
- Due to limited space if it’s possible to come without a pushchair/car seat please do, but if you bring one it can be left in the corridor outside the changing rooms. No pushchairs to be brought poolside please.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained
- You can buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swimming lesson.
- Please take all your nappies home - no nappies are to be left in the bins at the pool.
- If your baby is younger than 12 weeks or smaller than 12lbs they will need to wear a thermal wetsuit to stop them getting chilly.
- You can hire a towel from the Reception for £1.
- Spectators are welcome at the pool but all children must be accompanied by a non-swimming adult. Blue overshoes (available in the gym poolside) or bare feet please.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a roped off area of the pool; the rest of the pool is open to leisure club members.
- There are separate changing rooms for Males and Females, both having direct access to the pool
- Please use the lockers (they require £1 deposit)
- There is a travel cot in the Ladies changing room
- Please take all nappies home with you - do not place them in the bins at the pool
- We do not recommend you change your young children on the benches, rather bring a change mat or extra towels to the pool and change on the floor
Poolside Assistant: There is no Puddle Ducks poolside assistant.
- Pool temperature: 31-32°C.
- Depth: 1.m graduating to 1.5m (roped off beyond 1.4m depth).
- Maximum class ratio: 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
There is a lovely café in the Hotel which our customers are very welcome to use, however please bear in mind that only food purchased at the cafe can be consumed there.