IMPORTANT: Please read this SWIMMING AT THE NOVOTEL CARDIFF document BEFORE attending your first lesson post-lockdown. It details all the procedures in place for staying safe during COVID-19.
All you need to know – Novotel Cardiff Pool
Schooner Way, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff CF10 4RT
Parking: Please take a ticket to enter the Hotel car park, then have this validated a Reception before you leave to ensure free parking. Please note free parking is for the duration of a swim (and a cup of coffee), not an all day shopping trip in the city centre!
- Everyone over 11 years (unless exempt) must wear a face covering at all times in the building (but not in the pool).
- Please do not enter the building more than 10 minutes before your lesson time to allow us to reduce congestion, maintain social distancing and allows time for additional cleaning where necessary.
- Due to limited space if it’s possible to come without a pushchair/car seat please do, but if you bring one it can be left in the corridor outside the changing rooms. No pushchairs to be brought poolside please. Car seats may be brought poolside to pop baby in while you're changing.
- Please arrive at the pool swim ready i.e. with swimwear under your clothes. Please read our full advice here.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWraps & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Due to the current restrictions we're unable to lend nappies at the pool, so without them you'll be unable to swim.
- You can buy one of our great value Starter Packs which contain everything you need for your swimming lesson.
- Please take all your nappies home - no nappies are to be left in the bins at the pool.
- If your baby is younger than 12 weeks or smaller than 12lbs they will need to wear a thermal wetsuit to stop them getting chilly.
- Unfortunately current restrictions mean we can't have any spectators at the pool.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks have a roped off area of the pool; the rest of the pool is open to leisure club members and hotel guests.
- Due to current social distancing regulations we are unable to use the changing rooms other than for access to the pool (and as a space to remove shoes), they're just too small. Please move through the changing rooms as quickly as you can; shoes can be left beneath the benches or brought poolside with the rest of your belongings (see full advice here)
- Please take all nappies home with you - do not place them in the bins at the pool
- We recommend you bring a changing mat to change your baby on, and consider a changing poncho or robe for yourself. There will be allocated, socially distanced markers poolside to show you where to change.
Poolside Assistant: There is a Puddle Ducks poolside assistant at all sessions.
- Pool temperature: 31-32°C.
- Depth: 1.m graduating to 1.5m (roped off beyond 1.4m depth).
- Maximum class ratio: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
Helping you to make your special time last even longer…that’s the Puddle Ducks’ difference
We like to make life fun and easy for our Puddle Ducks customers so here are some local places we think you and your children may like. You could even meet up before or after the class with your Puddle Ducks classmates.
There is a lovely café in the Hotel which our customers are very welcome to use, however please bear in mind that only food purchased at the cafe can be consumed there.