All you need to know – St Michael’s School
Otford Court, Otford, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN14 5RY
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at St Michael’s School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: St Michael’s School
- There is ample free parking in the main school car park.
- Puddle Ducks customers should park as close to the main school building as possible; there will be signs to direct you to the pool.
- We ask that you please adhere to social distancing where possible in the car park area.
- We recommend that you bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly Eco Swm NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not fully toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value swimming kits which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- We recommend that children under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- All swimmers (including babies) are required to wear a swim hat at this venue - we provide a disposable version for those adults who prefer not to buy a reusable swim hat and we have fabric swim hats for children that you can purchase from us at the pool.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
- The changing rooms will not be available for use before your lesson. We appreciate that those children still in nappies might need a nappy change just before their lessons. Ideally this can be done in the car before entering the building.
- Before the lesson, you will be asked to change in a designated area outside the poolhall as changing rooms will be reserved for customers changing after their class, so please bring only the essentials with you in one bag as this will be left poolside. For babies, we recommend that you all bring a small changing mat that can be rolled up and placed in your bag.
- There are changing rooms available for you to use after your lesson. Your poolside assistant will advise you when to enter the changing rooms so we can ensure social distancing is maintained at all times. (We ask that you use the cleaning products provided to sanitise any changing areas that you use for your safety.)
- We ask all customers to vacate the changing areas and pool building within 10 minutes of your lesson finishing, this is so that we have sufficient time to clean between classes. Your assistance with this is very much appreciated.
- Although we love having spectators at our classes, at this time we will not able to allow any spectators to attend (this includes siblings, second parents, grandparents etc.).
- All of our classes at this time must be attended by one adult and child only.
- By not allowing spectators we are able to practice social distancing more effectively.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 29.5°C - 30.5°C. (We recommend that children under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.)
- Depth: 1 metre
- Maximum class ratios: 8 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine