Our Swim Academy programme teaches children to swim with the right technique, in the right environment, with the best people.
Swimming is a journey, not a destination and here at Swim Academy, we learn and have fun all the way! We take little ones from 'happy getting their faces wet' to 'swimming 100m using 3 different strokes'.
We are recruiting teachers for the following venues;
- Aspire, Southfields, SW18
- Heston Hyde Hotel, Hounslow, TW5
Swim Academy teachers receive excellent training, which consists of external and internal qualifications followed by on-the-job training. Suitable for existing swimming teachers or for someone looking for a complete career change. It is essential you are comfortable in the water and interacting with young children and their parents!
There are a number of training courses that need to be undertaken to qualify as a Swim Academy teacher.
If this is a career change for you, it's essential you can commit to the training. Once contracts are signed all training costs are covered by us.
Due to the intense quality of training and Puddle Ducks Intellectual Property, teachers are not permitted to teach the same age range for competitors, as this would be a conflict of interests. An exception of this rule is if you teach the ‘Learn to Swim’ Programme. We would be happy to confirm any questions.
- STA Level 2 Award in Teaching Swimming or Swim England Level 2 Award in Teaching Aquatics.
- Lifesaving qualification
- Safeguarding qualification
- Puddle Ducks SA training course
Don’t be alarmed if the above looks overwhelming. Our team will support our trainee teachers every step of the way although you do need to be competent in working independently and be prepared to study.
In summary, training to become a Swim Academy teacher takes hard work and commitment as well as some travel to training courses. We consider it an excellent opportunity for a paid, supportive career. For this reason, we are only able to offer a role to candidates we have complete confidence in.
It’s imperative training fits in with your long term career plans and you plan for it to be a long term career.
We are looking for someone who is competent in working independently and is passionate and enthusiastic in wanting to do the role well. You need to have a strong repour with children and their parents and excellent communication skills.
- It’s a year-round position (not term time only)
- Working Saturday and/or Sunday is essential, up to 6 hours
- Additional hours available during the week with the potential to expand or take on other work within the business
- Hours p/w depend on your availability and available pool hire. Our existing teachers tend to teach around 12 hours p/w
- During your initial training period salary is £10.50 p/h
- Once qualified salary is £18 p/h rising again after one year
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year
- Yearly profit related bonus
- Discount on swimming lessons if you have children
- Wellbeing package including legal, medical, emotional and bereavement support
Our business is expanding rapidly, it’s an exciting time for us and our team with huge scope for career progression and therefore increase of salary.
Once qualified we are confident you’ll consider teaching our little Puddle Ducks the best job in the world!
For further information make sure you look around our website, as there’s a lot of useful information on there, and have a look at our YouTube channel, and Teacher Prospective.