All you need to know – Rose Hill School
Coniston Avenue, Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN4 9SY
We can’t wait to welcome you to Puddle Ducks at Rose Hill School – in the meantime, here’s some information that we hope you find useful. Have a splashtastic time!
Location: Rose Hill School
Parking: There is ample free parking in the gymnasium car park. Puddle Ducks customers should proceed past the school and the gymnasium car park will be directly in front of you. There will be signs to direct you to the changing rooms and pool.
When walking from the car park to the pool building please keep to the paths directly in front of the school buildings and DO NOT WALK IN THE ROAD (see map below).
- We recommend that you bring a changing mat with you to the lessons so that you always have a dry place to change your baby.
- You will be asked to shower before entering the pool.
- A well-fitting neoprene swim nappy must be worn with a disposable swim nappy or one of our environmentally friendly NappyWrap & Liners underneath if your child is in Floaties, Splashers or Kickers and in other programmes if they are not potty/toilet trained. Why not buy one of our great value starter packs which contain everything you need for your swim lesson.
- You can find lots more useful information about attending our swim classes on our FAQs page.
Exclusivity: Puddle Ducks has exclusive use of the pool during our lessons.
Changing rooms: There are separate changing rooms for women and men with warm, fresh water showers. There are also lockers available by the changing rooms but we do not recommend bringing valuables to classes.
Spectators: There is a viewing area for spectators that runs the length of the pool. Please note outdoor shoes are not allowed in the pool hall.
Photography and Videos:
- You may only take photographs or video footage during ‘splash time’ and must not interfere with the lesson.
- Your child/relative must move to the side of the pool away from the rest of the customers so that they are not visible in the image (including the background).
- Underwater photographs and underwater videos are forbidden.
- Please remain sensitive to the feelings of others and always stop should you be asked to do so.
- The Puddle Ducks teacher or Poolside Assistant working at the venue has the right to view the images taken and delete any taken at the pool: in all instances the decision of the Puddle Ducks team member is final.
Poolside assistant: A Poolside Assistant is present at the venue during Puddle Ducks lessons.
- Pool temperature: 29°C - 30°C. We recommend that children under 12 months old wear a BabyWrap or other baby wetsuit; these can be purchased from our shop.
- Depth: 1 metre sloping gently to 1.4 metres
- Maximum class ratios: 9 children/adult pairs:1 teacher
- Pool water treatment: Chlorine with UV secondary treatment